Monday, August 26, 2013

Raffle secrets

Raffle secrets




click here for more images


at one time i was like you. I struggled with nonprofit fundraising. My cause (veterans affairs) could not raise enough money. At times we held steady. At other times we struggled to get by. But lately things were worse. Our donations were dropping. It was an article about a psychological experiment. Two groups of researchers were selling raffle tickets. The first group was handing out free cans of coke to everybody nearby. The second group only sold the tickets. You know what? the group handing out cokes nearly doubled the ticket sales of the other group. It was a huge success, and it got me thinking. If something as simple as a can of coke can double ticket sales, there was more to raffles than i thought.


i realized raffles aren t just about pulling tickets out of a bowl. If you have the right strategy, a raffle can be very successful. But what if i could learn that strategy? i decided i wanted to learn how to plan and hold a raffle. But i wanted to learn how to do it right. I wanted more than just a raffle. I wanted a strategic, successful, and winning raffle. The plan had to guide me through the steps, and walk me through the strategy. So i poked around the internet. Nothing too specific. Nothing comprehensive and complete. I had a friend at another nonprofit. I told her about my raffle idea. She pointed me to the website. I went there and found the book. It had what i was looking for. It was a complete guide to planning and holding a raffle. It laid out all the ste…read more detail




No comments:

Post a Comment